Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The ASUS ROG is a huge laptop. As such, it should keep temperatures and noise to a minimum. Even with all of the hardware stuffed into this laptop, the palm rests should remain cool to the touch.
As you can see, on the front of the system, we logged a maximum temperature of 92.5 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located away from the WSAD keys, which is good news for gamers.
Moving around to the backside, temperatures were slightly worse. The maximum observed temperature was 105 degrees Fahrenheit. 105 degrees isn't too ridiculous of a result, though extended use on the lap should still be avoided.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 74 degrees Celsius. The CPU reached a maximum of 84 degrees Celsius. This laptop performed towards the top of the pack, despite packing some of the best hardware of any of the reviewed systems.
The ASUS ROG produced a sound level of 45 decibels in our measurement, making it one of the quietest machines we have tested. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider - The Nightmare arrives January 22nd
- Team Eggman's Evil Accomplices Join Team Sonic Racing
- FileShadow Adds Support for Drobo 8D, Connecting Direct Attached Storage Archiving to Other Cloud Storage Systems
- En Masse Entertainment's 'Shore Hold' Update Sets off with a New PvP Battleground and Gear Sets for TERA on PC
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent