Our introduction to Asustor came at CES 2013 when the new NAS builder displayed their wares with parent company ASUS. Building a competitive NAS brand would have been difficult for ASUS, as GIGABYTE can attest, so ASUS brought in a number of experienced personnel from competing makers.
Although subtle, it's easy to find the 'tributes' to QNAP and Synology in the Asustor AS-604T we're looking at today. Thankfully, Asustor managed to bring the best features from each to the new venture with QNAP-like hardware design and a simple software layer for easy configuration.
The AS-604T is one of many products introduced by Asustor in late 2012. At CES, the company gleefully shared their entire 2013 roadmap leading into 2014 and a number of products peppered the timeline. Asustor won't be a company here today and gone tomorrow. Here today and because of it NAS shoppers have another genuine builder to look at before making their purchasing decision.
Our first sample from Asustor is a four-bay, full feature NAS. The most heavily contested and fastest growing segment in the consumer space with very good products already on the market from QNAP, Thecus, Synology and a number of low cost units that we can't justify giving the full feature tag make up this 4-bay market.
Asustor did pick a very good time to enter the market. New features like HDMI output and smart phone control further increase the functionality while pulling small, quiet NAS products into the living room. A new door opens on the consumer side while existing enterprise functions come deeper down to the small business market, iSCSI and virtual storage come to mind.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions