I am going to be really honest with you here. Up until this past January while I was at CES, I had never heard of FUNC, or even had an inclination that they even existed. In a meeting I had this year it was brought to my attention that someone wanted to buy them out and had done so, and was planning to release some new peripherals into the market. Looking over to their web page, I sort of figured out why I hadn't really been aware of FUNC. Even though they had established the company in 1999, it seems that they had a short run of four products from 2000 to 2005, and nothing from them since. Back then they were into providing mouse surfaces for people who knew that the desk top was not the best solution for a mouse to track on. They also offered Liquid, which was a product you applied to mice feet or any hard surfaced pad. It seems like they were on track, just maybe a bit ahead of their time.
Now with new owners and a good financial backing, FUNC can once again lift itself from the ashes of yesteryear, and try to breathe new life into the company. With this fresh start comes some new products, and we get to take a look at two of the three current offerings. One of which is an Avago ADNS 9500 laser sensor based mouse that comes equipped with Omron switches. The second product we get to see is a mouse pad that is a hard surface, and is reversible to offer a variety of textures to use, fitting your specific needs. We'll see if this pair can keep up with the flood of contenders that we have seen up to now. I really can't see a rehash of old tech making it in this market.
As you continue reading, we will be looking at the FUNC MS-3 gaming mouse and the Surface 1030 L mouse pad. As I said, there is the second best in the line of laser sensors and quality switches with the mouse, but there are plenty of things that also come with the MS-3. Things like full support for your whole hand, customizable LED lighting and intuitive software. The Surface on the other hand is of course more basic in what it offers, but don't let that fool you, there still are a few things that would sway you to buy this over any other foam solution on the market.
I say we just dig right in and see what FUNC and these two new products are all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the MS-3]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Surface 1030 L]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- STALKER 2 will NOT have battle royale, possibly ray tracing
- A new NVIDIA Shield TV teased, is this the SUPER Shield TV?
- Huawei follows Samsung in delaying its Mate X foldable phone
- Google teases Pixel 4 smartphone, ups the camera ante
- Stadia is a game-changer for multiplayer, Google says
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- Lenovo Flex 6-14IBK (Kaby Lake-R) Laptop Review
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- 'Warhammer: Vermintide 2' Deluxe Edition Available Now At Retail Stores For PlayStation 4 And Xbox One
- Resonate on the hunt for the UK's next YouTube sensation
- Seeds of Resilience is out now on a 1.0 Release and a 20% discount
- Insurgency: Sandstorm - Six more months of free content on PC announced in new roadmap
- Defeat Your Rivals and Celebrate Victory with the F1 2019 TV Advert