Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features a 1394 connector, Ethernet, two USB 3.0 ports, a combo eSATA/USB port and card reader.
The back side, from left to right, features a Kensington lock, exhaust port, Display Port, HDMI port, DVI port, power port and another exhaust port.
The right side, from back to front, features a USB 2.0 port, an array of audio jacks, and a fake CD drive cover. The cover covers the third HDD. This is where a CD drive would be installed if a third disk was not in use.
HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
The EON17-S performs nearly identically to its little brother. It performs towards the top of the tested systems in the USB 2.0 read test.
The EON17-S continues to perform slightly better than its smaller sibling. It performs towards the top of the systems tested, though the ASUS S56C Ultrabook absolutely dominates the USB 2.0 write test.
Moving to USB 3.0, the EON17-S comes in third place tied with the EON11-S.
USB 3.0 write performance is pretty good on the system. It comes in in third place, with the competition not too far behind. The GIGABYTE P2542G continues to hold the lead with nearly 30MB/s faster performance.
The EON17-S is also equipped with an eSATA port, unlike most systems we test. As you can see, it is in the middle of the pack and not too far behind the leader.
In write performance, the EON17-S falls further behind the leader, though it stays ahead of the iBUYPOWER Valkyrie.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit