Post CES, we always find ourselves drooling over a ton of products that may or may not ever see the light of day. Of those that will make it to the market, we are often tantalized with prototypes that will be six months or more from seeing the retail market. PC Power & Cooling gave us something this year that we were told we would see very shortly. They have a refresh of their Silencer Mk III series that will provide some updates for power users.
This time around, they are introducing two new units. The two power supplies are capable of 750W and 850W, which will take care of the needs for most with up to dual GPU systems. These round out the Silencer Mk III series rather well as there are now six different wattages available from 400W to 1200W. The unit we are taking a look at today is Silencer Mk III 850W.
On the surface it appears to be a simplistic, semi-modular 850W unit coming to an already very crowded market segment so hopefully it will stand out a bit from the rest.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Silencer Mk III 850W power supply provides 12V power via a single rail design rated for 70A or 840W. Both of the minor rails are rated for 24A each with a combined maximum output of 120W for the 3.3V and 5V rails. This left us scratching our heads a little bit as even the Silencer Mk III 600W had stronger minor rails, but it should still be plenty of power. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the Silencer Mk III 850W is 850W.
As with the rest of the Silencer Mk III series, the new 850W model is packed full of features, except for Over Temperature Protection. We think that this would be something of a standard for a legendary name such as PC Power & Cooling, but it apparently isn't. The power supply features both native and modular cables. All cables are fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon variety. Finally, the power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency and 100% continuous output at 50C.
This PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W power supply has an MSRP of $169.99. This is exactly what you'll find the power supply listed for on Newegg plus $5.99 shipping, and the cheapest you'll find it anywhere on the web at the time of writing this article. PC Power & Cooling backs the new Silencer Mk III 850W by a seven year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches Trident Z Royal Series DDR4: ALL GOLD, BABY
- Anthem delayed for PS5 rumor gets smashed by lead producer
- BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $52.02
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6