Not too long ago, we took a look at the first power supply from InWin we'd ever seen. It was designed as a budget power supply with an incentive that $1 would be donated to the WWF for every unit sold. The unit performed quite well considering the audience that it caters to, but it was certainly lacking for those seeking something of higher quality.
This time around, we have such a power supply; the new InWin Commander III 800W power supply. The Commander III 800W power supply offers a bit more juice than the GreenMe 750W as well as increased efficiency and a few more connectors.
We've got our fingers crossed for a bit more all the way around so let's move on and start taking a look at the specifications for the Commander III 800W power supply.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Commander III 800W power supply features four 12V rails; each rated for 25A a piece. The four rails combined have a maximum output of 65.83A or 790W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 24A each with a combined maximum output of 120W. Combined maximum output for the Commander III 800W power supply is 800W.
InWin almost got away with a full list of features on the Commander III 800W power supply, but it is lacking Over Temperature Protection. Everything else is there including SCP, OVP, OCP and OPP. All cables are fully sleeved, both native and modular. The Commander III 800W power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. While the power supply does not feature over temperature protection, it is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
InWin has stated that the Commander III 800W will come to market with an MSRP of $139. It isn't currently for sale, but InWin plans for availability to be around mid-December. When the Commander III 800W power supply is available it will feature a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard