Thecus' new Top Tower line of NAS servers set the market on fire when introduced earlier in the year. These new high capacity and high connectivity products bring rackmount NAS performance together with pedestal NAS connectivity and convenience. Not every office needs a full server rack, but most require a centralized location to store data and a simple, central backup solution.
The Top Tower product line brings big storage to the pedestal form factor. With a range between six bays and ten bays, these professional-grade servers bridge the gap, without omitting features. Speaking of features, Thecus worked on several new game changing hardware and software features which are standard on the new models.
Cloud Backup and McAfee Antivirus are two of the new big improvements on the software side. The N6850 brings HDMI video output to the table as well as the new Data Burn feature that allows you to install an optical drive to the NAS. You can now burn CDs, DVDs or Blu-Ray disks straight from the NAS and ISO burning is supported. This feature opens a new door for those of us using NAS servers to store large amounts of Linux distributions.
Today we're looking at the Thecus Top Tower N6850, the smallest and most affordable member of the new Top Tower family. To spice things up we're test this unit with Intel NASPT while using 10GbE Ethernet and our new enterprise multi-client test with dual gigabit Ethernet running 802.3ad.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Mortal Kombat 11 paid beta features 5 fighters, no Sub-Zero
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced