On the hardware side of things we really don't see anything different in our testbed and everything is really covered in the above image. Because of that we'll move straight into the boards that we'll be using in our graphs here today outside of the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds.
Alongside the ASUS offering we've also got the ASRock Mini-ITX Z77E-ITX motherboard we recently looked at along with the larger Z77 Extreme6 offering from ASRock. To round out our collection of boards here today we've also got the ASRock X79 Extreme4 and ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z.
Before we get into the performance we want to quickly go over the overclocking side of things to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the board. Starting off with the multiplier we changed that to 46x to help push our CPU to an even 4.6GHz. We got into Windows with no problem and we started to do a few things and everything was okay.
With that looking good we headed back into the BIOS and moved to a 47x multiplier, but we didn't experience the same luck. Because of that we headed back into the BIOS and moved to 46x and messed around with the BCLK a little. Not having much luck we decided to settle on 46x.
Someway through our testing we started to get some stability issues so we had to head back into the BIOS and we moved down to a 45x multiplier, which as you can see above resulted in an even 4.5GHz, which is represented in our graphs here today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard