The other day we got the opportunity to look at the ASRock Z77E-ITX and we found ourselves extremely impressed with what we could get out of a Mini-ITX based motherboard in terms of out of the box performance and overclocking performance.
With the board grabbing our interest so strongly we've moved straight over to the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe which also carries the same Mini-ITX form factor that we loved from the ASRock motherboard. With such a strong reputation for quality motherboards, we're going to find out today if this reputation transitions into the Mini-ITX offering and if it can perform as strong as some of the larger ATX offerings.
With the recently released BitFenix Prodigy being snapped up quickly by customers it's become clear that we're seeing a strong move in the Mini-ITX sector as we see the ability to fit large dual slot video cards in these small systems. As always, though, there are a few things we've got to do with the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard.
The first thing we're going to do is take a look at the package and cover some of the main highlights that ASUS mention on the box before we move into the box itself and see just what's going on with the bundle. From there we'll move onto the board itself before we move into the BIOS.
Once we've gone over the BIOS we'll move into the testbed side of things and cover the boards that will be in our graphs today before we move into the overclocking side of things to see just what kind of MHz we can get out of this tiny Mini-ITX based motherboard. Then it's going to be all about performance as we move into the benchmarking side of things.
Looking at the front of the box we can see that we've got PCIe 3.0 support along with a number of ASUS exclusive features which are expanded with the two big features being Wi-Fi GO! and USB 3.0 Boost technology. You can also see the main specification table, but we'll cover that when we take a closer look at the board.
Moving inside the box we haven't got a huge bundle with a user guide, two SATA 6G cables, two SATA 3G cables, an extender for the main header, I/O backplate and a couple of antennas for the onboard Wi-Fi which we'll look at in just a moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit