The Briskie Wireless Keyboard
The Briskie wireless keyboard is almost 18-inch wide, 5.25-inch deep, and stands three quarters of an inch tall in its thickest part. With the half-inch addition of the adjustable legs underneath, the grey and black keyboard will still only stand 1.25-inch tall in the back of this 107 key layout.
The keys are roughly three quarters of an inch square and are all concave in the center to sort of accept your finger tip. The keys are also raised above the keyboard as part of the spill-resistant design. This way if something spills on the keys, if should flow around them and into the channels for drainage.
I like that the right side of this keyboard offers a full number pad, arrow keys, and the nine keys of functionality above the battery indicator that tend to be hidden with other keys on a lot of these solutions. Here you have the full comfort of a regular keyboard, just with slimmer dimensions, and of course no USB cables!
At the rear of the keyboard, underneath, there is a pair of these adjustable feet to raise the back of the keyboard an additional half-inch for comfort and ergonomics. If they are tucked in, there are five dense rubber stick on feet that keep it in place and protect the surface it's on.
Next to the foot on the left, there is a removable cover for the single AAA battery that powers this wireless keyboard. When you add the battery, the LED on the front will light for two seconds, then shuts off, and you are ready to go.
While you can read the sticker, I am pointing out what you need to do if you do spill something. The square hole in the middle will allow liquids to pass through the keyboard and onto your desk. The screws in conjunction with the "U" shaped locks are what secure the halves together.
The rubber membrane switches are wired to traces printed on both sides of the plastic sheet. If a spill does occur, the only thing that can take real damage is the PCB with the functional electronics and radio transmitter on it. The rest can be wiped clean.
I wanted to get a bit closer to the switches to show off what looks like teal gumdrops on plastic sheets. Slightly out of focus on the PCB is the radio crystal on the right with the power circuitry to the left side.
I am pleased to see that when I did split the keyboard in half, all of the keys stayed in place in the top half of the keyboard.
The keys are lightly locked into the plastic frame and can be removed if soda is what happens to be spilled. You can also see how the channels come right from under the keys and deliver the fluid through the keyboard without getting to the electronics hopefully.
The last image is just to present the whole Briskie kit, including the free gift pad, as they might sit in front of your laptop, or on your coffee table for your HTPC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games