One of the best parts of covering hardware for computer enthusiasts is that there are so many different needs for enthusiasts. Usually when someone thinks of someone as being an enthusiast, they relate them with someone who has the fastest or most powerful equipment available. This isn't necessarily the case, especially with what we are looking at today. HTPC enthusiasts often look for something that is small and unobtrusive, or something that is silent yet powerful. Silent and powerful is something that is hard to come by with a HTPC, especially since fanless power supplies are few and far between.
Thankfully we now have another option thanks to Kingwin launching their Stryker Fanless series. Today we are going to take a look at the 500W model. It boasts quite a few features that will allow it to fulfill a variety of roles and should also appeal to a wide customer base. Not only is the Stryker series a fanless power supply, but it also comes with enough connectors to power multi-GPU systems and has an 80Plus Platinum efficiency rating. Keep reading to find out more about Kingwin's latest.
The Stryker 500W packs quite a punch for a 500W power supply. The single 12V rail supplies up to 99% of the power supply's rated output; up to 41.5 amps. The 3.3V and 5V rails offer up to 20A of power each with a combined total output of 100W. This is another one of the "Overclock Version" power supplies, which means it is an under-rated unit and this one is able to output up to 600W, but it does lose some efficiency. At 600W of power available, this opens up some very interesting possibilities for SLI users as well as those seeking to have a silent rig.
The Stryker 500W power supply from Kingwin comes with quite a bit of features. Perhaps the most interesting combination is that this is a fanless unit rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, without the inclusion of Over Temperature Protection. Kingwin must be rather confident in this unit being able to handle itself under high loads to not ensure that it has some sort of failsafe if it gets too hot.
Kingwin has excellent market penetration with their products and as such, you won't find yourself needing to search very hard to find one of the new Stryker units. The Stryker STR-500 retails for $159.99. What you will find is that the Stryker 500W is in somewhat short supply and even Newegg was out of stock at the time of writing this article. We still managed to track down the Stryker 500W PSU for $159.99, but it has a $9.65 shipping fee on top of it at Amazon, bringing the total up to $169.64. That is quite hefty for a 500W unit, but it is backed by a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card