ADATA isn't new to the SATA III market. The company already released the S501; a Marvell controlled SATA III drive with good wear capabilities. The S501 was a stopgap product between ADATA's successful S599 SandForce SF-1200 drive and the new S511 featuring SandForce's latest flagship, the SF-2281.
There's been a lot of talk about synchronous vs. asynchronous flash lately thanks to an article I wrote here. The ADATA S511 uses synchronous flash, the good stuff. ADATA doesn't mention this information on their website and I'm not sure why. Synchronous flash performs better across the board even though most armature blog sites will tell you that only compressed data is affected.
In the past ADATA has competed for the price / performance crown and the new S511 is no exception. ADATA is already very competitive with products like the Vertex 3, Force GT and other comparable synchronous flash products on the market today. The question we're going to answer today is if the ADATA S511 also competes with the massive performance of other synchronous flash drives sporting SandForce SF-2281 controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ADATA S511 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]