We've got a couple of different setups here today and will be looking at the GPU side of things on the A-Series APU in a few different ways. We've also got the Intel i7 2600k which uses HD 3000 integrated graphics. We'll be testing that at stock speeds on our ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z.
Since the A8-3850 is of course our main focus, we'll be testing that in a number of different ways. We'll be testing that in stock form with our RAM running at 1333MHz DDR. From there we'll be overclocking the APU and the memory which partners have told us can yield some very strong performance gains. We'll find out for ourselves today.
The other mode we'll be testing is adding our Sapphire HD 6670 Ultimate into the mix and going CrossFire with the onboard GPU. AMD seems to have labeled this as a "HD 6690." I think the way it will work is if a company sells a system with a HD 6670 installed in the system, CrossFire it with the onboard APU GPU, that system will be advertised as having a "HD 6690."
Because we're doing that, we'll also test the system with our HD 6670 installed and CrossFire disabled. What this will allow us to do is see the extra performance that is on offer when we CrossFire the HD 6670 with the onboard GPU embedded in our A8-3850.
Before we get into it, we've got our CPU-Z screenshot above with our overclock shown. We push our APU to 3.48GHz and memory to 1920MHz DDR with aggressive CL7 timings.
Let's get started!
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.3dmark.com/3dmark11/
3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world's most popular benchmark. Designed to measure your PC's gaming performance 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading. Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
Straight away we can see the kind of performance that's on offer from the A8-3850. It's hard to put it into perspective when compared to other integrated graphics because they don't support DirectX 11 like the AMD platform. You can see some interesting results, though. We can see the kind of boost the overclock brings us, but we can also see the CrossFire performance which is actually quite exceptional.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media