We've got a couple of different setups here today and will be looking at the GPU side of things on the A-Series APU in a few different ways. We've also got the Intel i7 2600k which uses HD 3000 integrated graphics. We'll be testing that at stock speeds on our ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z.
Since the A8-3850 is of course our main focus, we'll be testing that in a number of different ways. We'll be testing that in stock form with our RAM running at 1333MHz DDR. From there we'll be overclocking the APU and the memory which partners have told us can yield some very strong performance gains. We'll find out for ourselves today.
The other mode we'll be testing is adding our Sapphire HD 6670 Ultimate into the mix and going CrossFire with the onboard GPU. AMD seems to have labeled this as a "HD 6690." I think the way it will work is if a company sells a system with a HD 6670 installed in the system, CrossFire it with the onboard APU GPU, that system will be advertised as having a "HD 6690."
Because we're doing that, we'll also test the system with our HD 6670 installed and CrossFire disabled. What this will allow us to do is see the extra performance that is on offer when we CrossFire the HD 6670 with the onboard GPU embedded in our A8-3850.
Before we get into it, we've got our CPU-Z screenshot above with our overclock shown. We push our APU to 3.48GHz and memory to 1920MHz DDR with aggressive CL7 timings.
Let's get started!
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.3dmark.com/3dmark11/
3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world's most popular benchmark. Designed to measure your PC's gaming performance 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading. Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
Straight away we can see the kind of performance that's on offer from the A8-3850. It's hard to put it into perspective when compared to other integrated graphics because they don't support DirectX 11 like the AMD platform. You can see some interesting results, though. We can see the kind of boost the overclock brings us, but we can also see the CrossFire performance which is actually quite exceptional.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD partners still don't have Vega GPUs for custom cards
- AMD's next-gen Vega: made on 12nm FinFET, coming in 2018
- $150 copy of NBA 2K18 costs half of Switch console price
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower