Over the coming months as we build up towards finally getting our hands on the Bulldozer platform, we'll no doubt be looking at plenty of 990FX based motherboards from companies. Having already looked at what ASUS offered us in their ROG Crosshair V Formula board, today we'll take the time to check out the GIGABYTE option.
While GIGABYTE do have a few 990FX options, we've gone straight to the top today and will be checking out the 990FXA-UD7 which carries with it those lovely aesthetics we're used to seeing from the UD7 series.
With the full package on hand, we'll get stuck into the box and what's inside before taking a closer look at the board itself. Once that's done, we'll venture into the BIOS to see what's going on before we take a closer look at our testbed, overclocking and then of course, performance.
In typical UD7 fashion we've got a really big box that opens up and shows us part of the board itself, and gives us an absolute wealth of information that shows us a bunch of the features that the UD7 version of the 990FX based board offers us.
Most of the bundle is fairly standard; we've got some paperwork, sticker, driver CD and I/O shield, along with four SATA cables.
Also included are a bunch of SLI and CrossFire cables in the package. We've got a 4-Way and 3-Way SLI bracket, a single SLI bridge and two CrossFire bridges.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit