While the HD 6870 has been around for a while, we've actually seen a few companies release new versions of the card. While the DirectCU II version from ASUS has been out for a little while now; after using it in our $599 AMD Gaming PC Built and Tested and it doing a good job of impressing us, we had to make some time to look at it in all its glory.
Once we've done that, we'll get into the fun stuff and see how the card goes in our testbed. Because we've had a look at a few HD 6870s already and this one isn't part of the TOP series, we thought we'd take the time to do some overclocking ourselves and see how the DirectCU II cooler goes.
So with everything said and done, let's get into the package to see what ASUS has got going on.
The package hasn't got heaps going on; we've got a quick setup guide and two CDs (one carries a copy of the manual in a number of languages while the other has our VGA driver and another manual). Of course, as always, we recommend you head on over to the AMD website and grab the latest driver.
We've also got a dual Molex to 6-Pin PCI-E power connector, DVI to HDMI adapter and a CrossFire bridge. Nothing too major, but as usual everything you need to get up and running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]