In one of the biggest cases of the Chicken Little syndrome I think I have ever seen, we have all been inundated with comments, articles, Facebook posts and more over the flaw on the Intel Cougar Point MCP. Some e-tailers have stopped selling even the CPUs; websites have stopped publishing reviews and worse. Estimates of the financial impact have ranged up to one billion dollars.
However, all the companies involved have stepped up to ensure the consumer that they are going to be taken care of; one way or another. Intel has even begun shipping the B3 Stepping of the Cougar Point MCP and some manufacturers are hinting that boards with this new MCP will be out much earlier than the original mid-April predictions. Now, add on top of that the fact that performance between the B2 and B3 Cougar Points will be identical and you can see why we say that some people overreacted. It is with this in mind (and the fact that no one has been able to get a B2 Cougar Point to fail in the lab yet) that we will continue to test P67 based motherboards and publish our findings.
Now that we have that out of the way, let's dive into GIGABYTE's P67A-UD4. This is the "little brother" to the UD7 that we have already told you about. The P67A-UD4 is sort of a scaled back version of the UD7. You get dual x8 SLI and Crossfire and lose a few other features on top of that. Of course, it is not marketed to the same high-end crowd as the UD7, so it does not need the same feature set. But even without Three-Way SLI the UD4 is still a member of the Ultra Durable line and has a great feature set of its own.
Read on to find out how this P67 board from GIGABYTE performs under our battery of tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series