Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With a low starting voltage of 7 volts for this pair of fans it was no issue to get them running for the idle testing at 7.5 volts. At idle the Frio OCK receives a third place finish in efficiency at this level.
Once the fans were let loose at 12 volts, things changed dramatically. Not only am I testing a visually damaged cooler, but even with that said, the Frio OCK still took top honors in air cooling! In this testing it beat out the Megahalems that it mimics by over four degrees out of the box. While it didn't waste the competition at the top of the charts, I say for a "broken" cooler doing this well, I can only imagine one in pristine condition may perform even better than these results.
The whole reason that the Frio OCK can outperform most of the competition is due to the pair of fans that they strapped onto this beast. Even at idle testing I had a good inclination that this cooler should be able to handle the competition at load, but at what cost? I mean at 58 dB at idle there aren't too many coolers I have tested that are louder than this.
Here is what it takes for Thermaltake to smash the competition, that's right, 76 dB of noise pollution. For those who want to use this for everyday computing and gaming, this may be a big issue to overcome. For the avid overclocker out there in search or records, you are used to the sound of a Delta fan by now, so this level will come as no surprise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series