One thing about the Sandy Bridge launch that has been different about any other CPU launch that I have covered has been how many motherboards were launched at the same time. I was shocked at the number that came in even before the CPUs arrived. Still, it is a good thing in most respects as it gives you plenty of choices unlike a few other CPU launches that I can think of.
For our third P67 board review we stay inside the ASUS camp, but move a little down the ladder firmly into the upper end of the consumer market. Here we find the P8P67 Deluxe. This board comes complete with Digi+ VRM, EPU and the TPU for what ASUS calls this Dual Intelligent Processors with DIGI+ VRM. But that is not all you get with this new board from ASUS. You get a front panel USB 3.0 box, SLI and Crossfire, Dual GBe LAN (one of these is an Intel LAN chip), and a built in Bluetooth module. Not to mention the performance and overclocking that comes with most ASUS motherboards.
So despite the current issues with the Sandy Bridge MCP, let's dive into the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe and see if it deserves its place at the top of the consumer ladder.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 could feature Battle Royale mode
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit