NZXT has been releasing not only some top notch chassis designs like we saw in the Phantom, they are also keeping with the trend and offering them up in red, black and white, as other manufacturers are starting to offer the same options. Keeping on top of what the customers are looking to buy is what keeps NZXTs name showing up in all the recommendations.
It wasn't too long ago that they introduced they were going to offer individually sleeved cables. These take all of the time and guesswork out of doing them at home and offer red, black, and white sleeved cable adapters to keep the interior tidy and very custom in appearance. One thing that sets the NZXT sleeved cables apart from all the services out there is the simple fact that they sell for $9 apiece. I can barely get the sleeving and heat shrink for that cost!
Now they are even offering a lighting solution for those who want to take their chassis to the next level of customization. Now you will also find sleeved LED lights to add a customizable amount of lighting, anywhere you want to stick it. Keeping the budget builder in mind, you can find it for that very friendly $9.99 directly from NZXT pricing.
We received the blue version of the kit, in the one meter length. You can see, if blue isn't going to go well in your build, NZXT offers up red, green, white, or orange as choices, and also a two meter version. If you grab the one meter kit that I have here, you get twelve LEDs, with three intensities, and the option to turn them completely off. Now, if you get the two meter version, which covers close to one revolution around the open side of your case, you double the LEDs as well. Now let's get this thing open and see what you get!
Along with the strip of lights, you will find a full assortment of components to get the case lighting handled. There are six clips with double sided tape on the back to secure the cable just about anywhere. There is a 4-pin Molex connector that gets powered from the power supply and with the use of a 3-pin connector it plugs into the PCB of the light controller.
Speaking of which, NZXT offers you a black PCB mounted to a black expansion slot cover, keeping that theme dark on the inside, and of course matching the interior of most cases. The plate allows access to the power on/off switch, and a three position switch to control the brightness of the LEDs. To complete the simple installation, you get the screw to mount the bracket in place.
One meter of sleeved cabling terminates on one end with a simple piece of heat shrink tube. To power the lights, the opposing end uses a two pin connection that will connect to the PCB. If any of this is confusing you, don't worry, the included instructions offers good diagrams and drawings to show where they connect and how to get the Sleeved LED Kit fully functional.
With the one meter kit being priced at an affordable $9.99 from NZXT, and the fact that the two meter version will only set you back an additional $5 per kit, this is a super cheap solution to flooding your case with lights.
Think of the possibilities! Accenting behind the motherboard, running lights where Cold Cathodes don't fit, or maybe even an under-glow effect if you mounted them under the case. The possibilities are endless, and with five choices of colors and the budget friendly price, you can take your case to the next level without all the hassle. NZXT offers a clean looking solution to any case lighting ideas, and you don't have to hide that ugly blue inverter box!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms