Although not new, the 890FX has been a big deal to AMD fans. With its release AMD finally had a chipset to match their GPUs and CPUs performance. The 890FX is the top dog for AMD. When combined with the SB850 it offers you native SATA 3.0 and much more.
We have played with a couple of the 8xx series chipsets, but so far have not gotten too deep into the 890FX. We have tried it out, but only once. Now we have been able to acquire a second 890FX board; this one is the GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD7. As an ultra-durable board it features GIGABYTE's top end components and design. You get SATA 3.0, USB 3.0, Dual LAN ports (both GBe), advanced chipset cooling and much more.
Of course, with a price tag of $246 on NewEgg.com the GA890FXA-UD7 is still less than many high-end P55 boards. So, let's find out if the lower price means lower performance or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard