Although not new, the 890FX has been a big deal to AMD fans. With its release AMD finally had a chipset to match their GPUs and CPUs performance. The 890FX is the top dog for AMD. When combined with the SB850 it offers you native SATA 3.0 and much more.
We have played with a couple of the 8xx series chipsets, but so far have not gotten too deep into the 890FX. We have tried it out, but only once. Now we have been able to acquire a second 890FX board; this one is the GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD7. As an ultra-durable board it features GIGABYTE's top end components and design. You get SATA 3.0, USB 3.0, Dual LAN ports (both GBe), advanced chipset cooling and much more.
Of course, with a price tag of $246 on NewEgg.com the GA890FXA-UD7 is still less than many high-end P55 boards. So, let's find out if the lower price means lower performance or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit