AMD has been having great success with their HD 5xxx line. These GPUs are not only the only DX11 parts on the market at the moment, but have performance that out does just about every offering from NVIDIA. However, they have not been doing overly well in the chipset and CPU market. Here they have been outdone by Intel consistently over the last few years.
This has been good for Intel, but bad for the market in general. Of course, AMD has made some great strides in the CPU realm and in fact have produced some good and inexpensive products that have quite a bit of room for overclocking. Now they are moving back to the chipset side and are launching a new chipset today, the 890GX.
This chipset brings the first SATA 3.0 only motherboard to the market. This is in stark contrast to the Marvell driven offerings from Intel. AMD's 890GX is also the first board to use all PCIe 2.0 lanes for increased (and proper) bandwidth to its peripherals.
So let's take a look at the AMD 890GX in the form of the ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's new with the 890GX]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower