The last time I had the pleasure of dealing with GELID Solutions was when they asked me to have a look at their Silent Spirit CPU cooler back in January. At that time GELID was nice enough to send along a tube of GC-1 along with it. Our testing requires the use of AS-5, the "industry standard" recommended TIM. So with that I was left to test the GC-1 in everyday uses on my main and secondary PC's.
Time goes by and just about every heatsink I removed for maintenance or heatsink replacement eventually got the GC-1 treatment for a few reasons. Once I used it I saw a drop in temperatures over my previous TIM. Second, the paste is non-curing, so there isn't the set-in time required to "wait and see" if it is any better. Last and most important, is the fact it is non-conductive. This keeps accidental mishaps from over application of the compound whereby shorting out may occur if the compound oozes from under the heatsink.
Today GELID ups the bar and introduces GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound. During the production of the compound I was privy to an early sample for pre-release testing. At that point GELID was looking for a statement based on these tests, which was to be shown on the product packaging for the retail version. I am already well aware of the potential of GC-2, but here I am with the retail version, about to spread the knowledge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [GELID GC-2 Premium Thermal Compound]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit