X58 is by far the most expensive board on the market, mostly because it is at this point the only chipset capable of supporting the Core i7 processors. And most likely, unless NVIDIA is granted a licence for the QPI bus, it will be the only chipset.
Intel has certainly put a high price premium on the X58 IOH to its partners, which in turn causes the boards produced to be somewhat expensive. Coupled with the higher price of Core i7 processors, this means that we are stuck with a huge bill to build a capable overclocking gaming rig, or are we?
GIGABYTE has certainly produced a few good X58 boards for the extreme users, but today we are looking at one aimed for overclockers who want to keep a few extra dollars in their wallets.
The EX58-UD4P motherboard comes in at 259.99 U.S. Dollars over at Newegg and comes equipped with quite a few features for a more budget conscious board. Today we are going to see just what GIGABYTE is able to produce when it comes to keeping prices down.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered for the PC
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms