Speed without compromise; that is Thecus' slogan for their latest enterprise NAS servers, the N7700 and N8800. These new products are a step up from the SOHO N5200 Pro we reviewed a year ago and are geared specifically for the large office, mid level enterprise market. Thecus has a long history of making NAS Servers for both consumer and enterprise markets and their cost has always remained within reach for enthusiasts looking to add enterprise hardware to their home network.
Today we will be focusing on the Thecus N7700 model, a 7 drive NAS server that has more features than a single office could hope to take advantage of. Thecus has worked very hard to ensure that every possible check box can be ticked when it comes to the features of their products.
Newegg currently lists the N7700 at a hair under 1,100 U.S. Dollars, the same price as their nearest competitors 4, 5 and 6 drive NAS servers. At this time the N7700 is the only 7 drive NAS server at or even close to this price point; the largest capacity at the best price is where Thecus is placing this model. Let's not play around in the intro; it is time to check out the specifications of the robust NAS server.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware and Software Specifications]
- Page 3 [Server Capabilities, Availability and Cost]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N7700]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software Basics]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Backup / Content]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure