E is for Enterprise; several manufacturers add features to their standard desktop drives to make them perform better in tightly packed clusters and in high performance RAID arrays. Hitachi was first to market with a 1TB drive nearly two years ago. The first 1TB drive required five platters to achieve the milestone mark; because of this, the drives ran a little on the...touch it with your finger and feel the pain, hot side. Areal densities have increased over the two year life span of 1TB drives and now Hitachi is able to deliver a 1TB drive in only three platters.
The new E7K1000 is more than just a refresh on their desktop product. The new drive features 32MB of cache, up from 16MB. The additional cache should help to decrease latency access times. The feature most useful for the E7K1000's target audience is the Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS). RVS is a set of sensors located on the drive and when vibration is detected the internal software adjusts the head's position in relation to the platters to compensate.
Enterprise class drives are intended to be used in RAID and nearline storage servers; a good example where home and SOHO users can benefit from enterprise technology is NAS servers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series