It's that time again where we move from our high-end overclocking kings to the other end of the spectrum, the miniature PC segment; and no one has a hold of this area quite like VIA.
VIA was once the biggest chipset supplier for AMD when Slot A was the go; AMD Athlon was here and Intel was all about threats. VIA was one of the few to initially support AMD in its quest to remove Intel as the top CPU, and through the years VIA's chipsets were amongst the best; that was until NVIDIA moved in and brought out some killer chipsets that couldn't be beat. This was when things went downhill for VIA in terms of chipsets.
While this may discourage some people, VIA did manage to move onto other ventures which began by picking up the aging 3D graphics chipset company S3. All of VIA's integrated graphics chipsets have been made using graphics controllers from the S3 company which solely produces IGP based solutions; these have made their way into previous generations of EPIA boards.
Our first look at the EPIA boards really opened our eyes; while others were criticizing the board for its lack of CPU power, EPIA was never intending to take the place of high-end CPUs. In fact, its aim is to make its way into the silent PC and HTPC market, and with the newest generation of features.
Today's test candidate is VIA's newest EPIA kid on the block. For quite some time there has been criticism that no graphics card upgradability was offered, but today that changes thanks to the EPIA-SN.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today