Epic Games absolutely blew my mind when I turned my PlayStation 5 on one morning, and got to experience their Unreal Engine 5-powered The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience... which is now available to download. Be warned: The Matrix Awakens UE5-powered "City Sample" is a huge 93GB download.
The Unreal Engine 5-powered "The City Sample" can be downloaded as a sample project, providing the city scene from The Matrix Awakens experience. You'll need to download Unreal Engine 5, which is a 20GB download on its own, and then The City Sample separately.
Epic Games explains: "The City Sample is a free downloadable sample project that reveals how the city scene from The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience was built. The project-which consists of a complete city with buildings, vehicles, and crowds of MetaHuman characters-demonstrates how we used new and improved systems in Unreal Engine 5 to create the experience. In addition to the complete sample, the content is available in separate packs, so you can download just the vehicles, for example".
- Read more: New Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo redefines what is real
- Read more: The Matrix Awakens on PS5 looks better than The Matrix Reloaded
- Read more: STALKER 2 confirmed to be powered by Unreal Engine 5
- Read more: NVIDIA's game-changing DLSS tech now available in Unreal Engine 5
I'm downloading it now and will see how it goes... pretty excited to load The Matrix -- in a way -- on my PC.
- > NEXT STORY: Here's a list of the game developers working on Unreal Engine 5 games
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The new Tomb Raider game is being built on next-gen Unreal Engine 5