Samsung was meant to unveil its next-gen Exynos 2200 SoC which has a custom AMD RDNA 2-based GPU, but the event was canceled out of nowhere and looks to be coming in the next few weeks.
The company teased it would be unveiling its new Exynos SoC with the "new GPU born from RDNA 2" that would make the gaming marketplace "get serious" -- yeah, serious enough to pull out at the last second, Samsung -- and even launched a social media campaign with a dedicated site for the RDNA 2-based Exynos SoC.
Just 24 hours later, Samsung rescheduled the event and didn't say why... but a company representative did say: "We are planning to unveil the new application processor at the time of launching a new Samsung smartphone. There are no problems with the AP's production and performance".
- Read more: Samsung: yeah, our new Exynos 2200 + AMD RDNA 2 GPU drops January 11
- Read more: Samsung Exynos 2200 SoC with AMD 'Voyager' RDNA 2 GPU benched
- Read more: AMD RDNA 2 GPU codename 'Voyager' inside of Samsung Exynos 2200 on 4nm
- Read more: Samsung's next-gen Exynos SoC: custom AMD RDNA 2 GPU with ray tracing
- Read more: Samsung reportedly hiring architecture engineers from Apple and AMD
- Read more: Samsung's new Exynos SoC: 5nm chip for laptops with custom AMD GPU
- Read more: AMD and Samsung's Radeon mobile GPU 'destroys' Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU
- Read more: Samsung will have Radeon GPU tech in phones by 2021
- Read more: AMD teams with Samsung for graphics IP and patent license
- > NEXT STORY: ONEXPLAYER Mini: Core i7-1195G7 CPU, 1920x1200 display, 100W charging
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Xbox One retired, Microsoft now exclusively produces Xbox Series X/S