Samsung's next-gen Exynos 2200 SoC will be unveiled on January 11, courtesy of an official tease of the announcement by Samsung.
The new Samsung Exynos 2200 SoC will have an AMD RDNA 2-based GPU inside and will power new Samsung-built smartphones and tablets of 2022 and beyond. We should expect large CPU and GPU improvements over previous Exynos designs, but we'll have to wait and see actual real-world performance numbers first.
We should see Samsung use its new Exynos 2200 SoC inside of its next-gen Galaxy S22 family of smartphones, while the US-based versions of the Galaxy S22 handsets will use Qualcomm's freshly-minted Snapdragon 8 Gen1 SoC. We don't have much longer to wait until the big reveal, with Samsung to detail its new RDNA 2-powered Exynos 22 on January 11, 2022.
- Read more: Samsung Exynos 2200 SoC with AMD 'Voyager' RDNA 2 GPU benched
- Read more: AMD RDNA 2 GPU codename 'Voyager' inside of Samsung Exynos 2200 on 4nm
- Read more: Samsung's next-gen Exynos SoC: custom AMD RDNA 2 GPU with ray tracing
- Read more: Samsung reportedly hiring architecture engineers from Apple and AMD
- > NEXT STORY: SEGA: PC makes up 16% of total Yakuza series lifetime sales
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Yoshi-P teases the next Final Fantasy XIV saga arc