AMD will be providing the GPU side of Samsung's new Exynos 2200 SoC, with a custom RDNA 2 GPU that has been spotted in some fresh Geekbench benchmarks.
Samsung's new Exynos 2200 SoC is expected to have 8 cores with 4 of them @ up to 1.73GHz, 3 of them at up to 2.5GHz, and a single core at up to 2.59GHz. The new Geekbench results have Samsung's new Exynos 2200 performing under the Exynos 2100 chip, but we are just looking at it in engineering sample (ES) form.
The latest rumor on the RDNA 2-based GPU in Samsung's new Exynos 2200 has it featuring 384 Stream Processors, with 6 Compute Units. The new Geekbench result has the GPU listed as the Samsung Voyager EVTA1, a codename that has been used before.
- Read more: AMD RDNA 2 GPU codename 'Voyager' inside of Samsung Exynos 2200 on 4nm
- Read more: Samsung's next-gen Exynos SoC: custom AMD RDNA 2 GPU with ray tracing
- Read more: Samsung reportedly hiring architecture engineers from Apple and AMD
- > NEXT STORY: DEATHLOOP on PC: RT, HDR, NVIDIA Reflex, and PS5 DualSense support
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Kojima wants to make a game that changes in real-time