Lenovo has just unveiled its latest ThinkPad and ThinkVision family of laptops, with the redesigned and re-engineered ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen44 packing some huge power in a tiny footprint.
The new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen4 laptop comes with Intel's latest and greatest 11th Gen Core CPU, where you can configure it with up to the Intel Core i9 processor -- up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM, and up to NVIDIA's new flagship GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU with 16GB of GDDR6 memory.
There's a 16-inch 16:10 display inside, offering up to 4K and Dolby Vision support -- there's dual noise-cancelling microphones, a Dolby Atmos Speaker System, and weighs in at under 4 pounds (1.81kg). It's also very thin, at just 17.7mm -- with multiple layers of reinforced carbon fiber you have a thin -- and light (and very powerful) Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen4 laptop.
- New 16-inch 16:10 aspect ratio display surrounded by a four-sided narrow bezel design, encased in a 17.7mm chassis weighing 1.81kg (3.99 pounds)
- Display options offer up to 600 nit brightness with 4K resolution, Dolby Vision HDR for ultra-vivid image quality and feature low blue light technology. Touch, pen and factory color calibration capability are also optional.
- Powering stunning visuals requires high-performance mobile graphics delivered courtesy of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti, NVIDIA RTX 3060, RTX 3070 or RTX 3080 Laptop GPUs, the latter with 16GB of GDDR6 memory.
- Communicating from anywhere has never been easier or faster with Intel Wi-Fi 6E3 and optional 5G Wireless WAN1 providing optimum connection at home, in the office or somewhere in between.
- X1 Extreme Gen 4 can be configured with up to 64GB DDR4 memory and two 2TB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSDs and a standard 90Whr (Watt hour) battery offers up to 10.7 hours of battery life4.
- The new design integrates an FHD or FHD Infrared webcam for improved video conferencing quality, and of course includes a physical camera shutter. Entertainment and Unified Communications are further enhanced by a Dolby Atmos Speaker System which fires crystal clear sound towards the user, and far field microphones ensure they are clearly heard.
- Security and ease of use experience are not forgotten. The fingerprint reader is integrated into the power button for easier sign on through Windows Hello™, a larger 115mm touchpad caters to users who prefer this control method to the legendary TrackPoint and rapid access keys allow quick answer and hang up of audio and video calls.
Lenovo engineers had to make some tweaks to the cooling systems on the ThinkPad X1 Extreme, with not one but three new completely cooling systems for the laptop. There's new hybrid cooling systems that have traditional heat pipes, joined by a large vapor chamber that will keep the GPU running as cool as possible.
The keyboard intake also increases cool air flow across the fans, while keeping spill resistance in check -- there's a dual bypass design that also has air flowing across the top and bottom of the cooling system that improves thermal insulation. Lenovo has made some great tweaks to the thermal design on the new ThinkPad X1 Extreme laptop.
Lenovo's new ThinkPad X1 Extreme laptop can be tweaked with various NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series Laptop GPUs, including the GeForce RTX 3050Ti, NVIDIA RTX 3060, RTX 3070 or RTX 3080 Laptop GPUs -- the flagship GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU will rock 16GB of GDDR6 memory.
There's up to 64GB of DDR4 memory inside, and space for 2 x M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSDs -- as well as a standard 90Whr battery that Lenovo says is good for up to 10.7 hours of battery life.
The new Lenovo laptops will be available in August 2021, starting at $2149.
- > NEXT STORY: Halo Infinite's release date depends on other big 2021 games
- < PREVIOUS STORY: DOOM Eternal RTX 3080 Ti Demon Slayer Bundle: GPU + game from @ $1450