President Trump has just invoked emergency powers, something that will marshal medical supplies as the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreck havok on the US and the world.
The 70-year-old Defense Production Act gives President Trump the power to push production by privately-owned companies, in order to manufacture and supply the United States with masks, ventilators, and other medical supplies. President Trump tweeted: "I only signed the Defense Production Act to combat the Chinese Virus should we need to invoke it in a worst case scenario in the future. Hopefully there will be no need, but we are all in this TOGETHER!"
President Trump also recently closed the US-Canada border, with just essential travel allowed. The Trump administration will also be sending relief cheques to millions of struggling Americans, too.
- People are killing themselves on this coronavirus COVID-19 'treatment'
- Amazon says Trump vendetta cost them $10 billion JEDI contract
- Netflix adds 'skip Trump joke' button for Seth Meyer comedy special
- Trump to roll out malaria drug to treat coronavirus COVID-19 patients
- New York could be quarantined by President Trump over coronavirus
- > NEXT STORY: HTC: Vive Cosmos Elite headsets include free copy of Half-Life: Alyx
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Facebook worried its servers will 'melt down' over coronavirus panic