Xiaomi has made its new Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G smartphone official in China today, with some pretty tasty specs to go over. The new handset is 5G-capable and rolls out with Qualcomm's super-slick Snapdragon 855+ chip.
- Screen: 6.39-inch AMOLED FHD+ Dot Drop display.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+.
- RAM: 8/12GB
- Rear camera: 48-megapixel primary sensor+ 16-megapixel ultra-wide sensor + 12-megapixel telephoto sensor
- Internal storage: 128/256GB
- Battery: 4,000
- Fast charging: 40W wired fast charging, 30W wireless fast charging
- Software: MIUI 11
The company has teamed with three of China's biggest telecom operators on the 5G side of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G, with their own tests showing the phone hits peak download speeds of a dizzying 1.78Gbps. Xiaomi includes its own MIUI 11 software, has up to 24 hours of standby time when the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G is down to its last 5% of battery.
Xiaomi is including super fast-charging with the new Mi 9 Pro 5G smartphone, with a 40W charger getting the phone from 0-100% in just 48 minutes. If you want to go wireless Xiaomi is offering up 30W wireless charging, with the charging stand fan-cooled for all that power hitting the phone wirelessly.
The new Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G handset will be available in 4 differnet flavors of RAM and storage:
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G - 8GB + 128GB = $520
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G - 8GB + 256GB = $534
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G - 12GB + 256GB = $576
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G - 12GB + 512GB = $604
- > NEXT STORY: COD: Modern Warfare beta LARGEST in franchise history
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Fallout helmets being recalled for safety risks