It has been quite some time since we have heard about the next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. UItimate, and now it seems we are finally going to find out who it is at E3 2019.
Nintendo's E3 2019 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament has wrapped up and to celebrate the winners the Super Smash Bros. director, Masahiro Sakurai took to a video to congratulate Team Japan.
After expressing his graititude towards seeing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate being played at a high and competitive level, Sakurai began to discuss the next DLC fighter for the game. He starts off by saying that he will be "continuing my work on the next DLC fighter and more information regarding that will be shared in the Nintendo Direct for E3 2019".
So it seems that the speculation will come to an end next week when Nintendo reveal who the next fighter will be. Stay tuned for the Nintendo Direct, and if you happen to miss it I will be following up with a post on who the next fighter is as soon as its announced.
Last updated: Jun 11, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game in US
- Terry Bogard is the hardest DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Fighters Pass Vol. 2 is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's last DLC
- You can watch the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2020 Direct right here
- > NEXT STORY: Destroy All Humans! gets remake reveal trailer, 2020 release
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition gameplay/release date