Dataminers are at it again and have delved through the system files of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. To everyone's surprise some possible new game modes have been found.
The above video from Source Gaming gives us a great summary of the rumors that are flying around the Smash Bros community. Source Gaming explains that some file names that have been datamined could suggest that 'home run contest' and 'stage builder' are coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The speculation originates from the file name "ui_howtoplay_db.prc" which is then expanded upon to two more files "howtoplay_homerun.hitml" and "howtoplay_stage_builder.html".
Home run contest and stage builder were originally released back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and were also apart of Super Smash Bros. Wii U/DS. It could be a possibility that these game modes are going to be added within the teased version 3.0.0 update for Ultimate, but time will only tell. Nothing has been officially confirmed as of yet, so as always with datamining information don't take it as if its guaranteed, more so just a strong possibility. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has launched and is exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch.
Last updated: Mar 12, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game in US
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becomes the best-selling Smash Bros. game
- Fighters Pass Vol. 2 is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's last DLC
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Is for good boys and girls' only
- > NEXT STORY: Artificial Intelligence drives new SWAT game 'Ready or Not'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Devil May Cry 5 has second best launch on Steam for Capcom