Sapphire today announced its new Sapphire RX 570 16GB HDMI Blockchain Graphics Card specifically aimed at mining cryptocurrency, complete with a boosted 16GB of VRAM.
Sapphire's new blockchain-focused graphics card is built on AMD's Polaris GPU tech with 2,304 Stream Processors across a 256-bit interface and a whopping 16GB of GDDR5 VRAM for demanding crypto mining. It sports dual-slot design with an 8-pin power connector, and its two 95mm fans can easily be changed out. Power consumption sits at about 175W, Sapphire says.
Sapphire's new card specifically aims at cryptocurrencies like the fledgling Grin, Cuckaroo 29+ and Cuckatoo 31+. The company says the new card can mine at a rate of 0.42GPS in Cukatoo 31+ and marks the beginning of a new fleet of mining hardware from Sapphire.
"The launch of the RX 570 16GB HDMI Card presents an exciting opportunity not just for SAPPHIRE but for early Grin Coin miners and the cryptocurrency market as a whole," Sapphire's global VP of marketing Adrian Thompson said. "Future products will include new 16GB Graphics additions' to SAPPHIRE's line of INCA and MGI Series of dedicated blockchain systems."
Price and availability have yet to be announced.
Sapphire RX 570 16GB HDMI Blockchain Graphics Card Features
- Performance: 0.42 GPS +/-10% in Cuckatoo 31+*
- Power Consumption: 175W+/-10%*
- ROCM 2.0 accelerated Grin Miner for PCIE 3.0 platform
- OpenCL accelerated Grin Miner for PCIE 2.0 platform
- Will mine Cuckatoo 32+ (with driver update)
- Miner supports both Cuckaroo 29+ and Cuckatoo 31+
- Will also support different Blockchain algorithms
- Discrete control board for easy swap and upgrade
- Dual Ball Bearing Fan with SAPPHIRE Quick Connect Fan technology
- SKU Number: 11266-70-21G
- GPU: AMD RADEON RX 570
- Memory: 16GB/256bit GDDR5
- Memory Bandwidth: 224GB
- Cooling System: Active Cooling
- Display Output: HDMI
- External Power Connector: PCI-Express 8 pin x 1
- Graphics Card Holder: Yes