We have now passed the release date of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and surprisingly we have already learned who the first DLC character is. Introducing Persona 5's main protagonist, The Joker.
The reveal has been sourced from IGN and we have further description from Nintendo America President Reggie Fils-Aime. Fils-Aime told IGN that the reveal of The Joker is a representation of the diverse characters that will be featured throughout the DLC pack. "It's emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it's going to be tremendously exciting."
Since The Joker was a complete surprise for everyone, we should expect the same level of surprise for the other DLC characters that are apart of the pack. This means I personally don't think that we will see characters that have been sought over by the community, examples include: Sora, Waluigi and Banjo-Kazooie. I think each of the characters that are apart of the DLC pack are going to be characters none of us have called, Sakurai being the "driver in really thinking about what type of character coming into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate would bring just a whole different level of fun and enjoyment for the player. That's been the approach. That's the thinking." For more information regarding the Fighters Pass, check out the official Smash Ultimate website listing for it here.
Last updated: Dec 11, 2018 at 06:11 am CST
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game in US
- Terry Bogard is the hardest DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Fighters Pass Vol. 2 is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's last DLC
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate update 7.0.0 will add Byleth on January 28
- > NEXT STORY: Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- < PREVIOUS STORY: EVGA teases GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin graphics card