Tesla would have to be one of the most interesting and quirky companies in the world, but I think this new stunt takes it to the next level.
The company unveiled its new Limited Edition Tesla Surfboard over the weekend, which the company says was designed by the Tesla Design Studio in collaboration with Lost Surfboards and Matt "Mayhem" Biolos, the surfboard shaper for World Surf League Championship athletes.
Tesla uses a "mix of the same high-quality matte and gloss finishes used on all our cars. The deck is reinforced with light-weight "Black Dart" carbon fiber, inspired by the interiors in our cars, and featuring tonal logos in subtle contrast gloss". The company notes that the Limited Edition Surfboard will fit comfortably inside of their Model S, X, and 3 vehicles either inside, or outside of the car.
The surfboards will be custom made to order, with a super-limited 200 of them to be produced. Tesla will have them in consumers hands in between 2-10 weeks.
A contemporary short board scaled up and refined for performance, featuring:
- Generous dims and higher volume
- Conservative, low entry rocker and an accelerated tail rocker
- A rounded pin tail allowing confident navigation in crowded line ups and wide variety of surf
- Heavily blended, thin rails from fins to tail for maximum control
- Forward thickness flow, for drive and extreme paddle-ability
- Model and dimensions: El Patron' Round, 6'8" length 20.50" 2.88" with 42.50 cubic liters of volume
- >> NEXT STORY: Intel won't have mainstream 10nm until second half of 2019
- << PREVIOUS STORY: No Man's Sky flies into Steam's top 10 most-played games