AMD is preparing for a big CPU launch in early 2018 with an event being held before CES 2018 in the first week of January where we'll see the company detail Ryzen Mobile (which has already launched). But it looks like we might see the tease of the company's next-gen Ryzen 2 family of CPUs.
During a recent video on KitGuru, an AMD slide was teased in the background with 'Ryzen 2' which said "raising the bar for desktop performance" and teasing three new Ryzen 7 processors. We have:
- Ryzen 7 2700: 10C/20T @ 4.0/4.5GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700)
- Ryzen 7 2800: 12C/24T @ 4.4/4.9GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700X)
- Ryzen 7 2800X: 12C/24T @ 4.6/5.1GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1800X)
Better yet, the pricing on these new Ryzen 2 processors is damn good with the Ryzen 7 2700 starting at $329, the Ryzen 7 2800 priced at $399 while the flagship Ryzen 7 2800X will be priced at $449.
Now remember this is all rumor, and isn't official. But if it is... AMD could really bring the hurt to Intel by driving their new Ryzen 2 processors past 5GHz. Intel will have 8C/16T processors released in the New Year, but AMD could get a massive foothold in that time.
The leaked deck said pre-orders will begin on January 16 with a launch on February 1. The hype is real, people.
- >> NEXT STORY: Uber settles lawsuit with Indian rape victim
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Enter our 'Terminator 2 3D' Blu-ray giveaway!