Oculus has just changed the VR landscape with a massive drop in the price of its Rift headset, which is now being bundled with the Oculus Touch for just $399 at all stores. This will include in-store, Amazon, Best Buy, and others.
At just $399, Oculus is fighting the good fight with mainstream consoles that are priced at under $400 like the Xbox One S and PS4. You'll need a PC or a good enough gaming laptop, but slashing $200 from the price of the Oculus Rift on its own - at its old price of $599, is a big deal. The other piece of this VR puzzle is the Oculus Touch controllers which used to be $200 on their own, are now bundled at a cheaper price than the Oculus Rift was just yesterday.
Oculus were offering a bundle for the Oculus Rift and Touch for $600 recently, but now Oculus is a massive $400 cheaper (half price!!) than the HTC Vive which sells for $800.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:22 am CDT
- League of Legends console, mobile version announced, isn't a port
- Oculus Link cable is almost 1/4th the price of a Quest headset
- Fight coronavirus COVID-19 by buying $1,071 worth of games for $30
- Valve sells out of new wave of Valve Index in less than 30 minutes
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- > NEXT STORY: Leaked iPhone 8 case confirms new design
- < PREVIOUS STORY: China's new 200-day simulation: preparing for Mars?