HMD Global is pretty eager to bring back the old fame to the Nokia phones. They already announced a modern version of the Nokia 3310 and three Nokia smartphones. The company should also announce its flagship, Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone, later this year.
But the company is not stopping there. They have announced that they are partnering up with Zeiss for its smartphones camera. HMD Global shared its excitement saying it's looking "to set new imaging standards within the smartphone industry."
Zeiss posted a tweet saying that they "look forward to an exciting journey into the future of smartphone imaging." Interestingly, the tweet features a short video which indicates that the two companies might be working on a dual camera setup, rumored to debut in Nokia 9, the company's flagship.
Nokia smartphones to feature ZEISS optics. Together, we look forward to an exciting journey into the future of smartphone imaging. pic.twitter.com/GNWwuMAveK— ZEISS Camera Lenses (@ZEISSLenses) July 6, 2017
This isn't the first that these companies are working together. We saw Zeiss optics on the Nokia 808 PureView and Lumia 1020 and countless other Nokia phones in the past.
Recent rumors have suggested that the Nokia 9 will have a 5.5-inch QHD OLED screen, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. Other features should include 3,800 mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4, fingerprint sensor, and iris scanner. The phone should also have IP68 certification water resistance.
Last updated: Dec 16, 2019 at 05:34 pm CST
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- Bulky headsets to be skipped for grain of sand-sized AR contact lenses
- Taiwan rejects Huawei on 5G rollout: Chunghwa Telecom chooses Nokia
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones
- Amazon 12 Days of Deals: Canon camera prices slashed, save up to 47%
- > NEXT STORY: Orwl PC is a new PC that self destructs if it's hacked
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Pokemon GO earns $1.2 billion in one year