Escape from Tarkov developer Battlestate has confirmed that there will be a closed beta of the game next month, which will be available to anyone who has pre-ordered.
As of next month, you will be able to enjoy Escape from Tarkov's new features, game mechanics, and everything else inside of the FPS. This will include:
New Gameplay Features in the Closed Beta
- Insurance - For a small amount of in game currency, players can insure weapons and equipment, increasing the chance of retaining it
- Loot and Economy - The CBT will feature a new Merchant, new barter loot, medicines and additional useful items for players to buy, sell and trade. Economic balancing means items will be made available in marketplaces for barter and in loot drops based on their popularity and rarity within the economics system
- Weapons - New weapon customization parts and ammunition types, along with the addition of the modern-classic MP5 submachine gun will offer players even more customizations in the game that prides itself on making thousands of weapon combos and upgrades possible.
- Locations - There will be a total of four locations available to play- Customs, Woods, Factory and Shoreline - all with different sizes and terrains. The Shoreline location will be newest and biggest map addition to the CBT.
- General Chat - Chat channels will be available to all players online in the game, allowing players to share useful information and group up for raids.
Escape from Tarkov is launching for the PC sometime in the near future.
- > NEXT STORY: Star Wars Battlefront II alpha could hit all platforms
- < PREVIOUS STORY: North Americans to spend most on mobile game purchases