Apple is expected to roll out a truly next-gen iPhone in a few months, something that is currently being teased as iPhone X - and now the latest report says that Apple will have a 'Smart Connection' on the iPhone X that will be capable of wireless charging, and it'll work with an AR/VR headset.
The Verifier reports: "Today we can share with you that the next iPhone (iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone Pro or 7S) will include the same "3 points" of the same iPhone. The smart connection at the bottom will enable wireless charging without the need for a dedicated cover. In addition, the same connection will be used by the new iPhone users in the VR / AR experience which Apple has been working on lately. It is not yet known what will be the way to transfer that experience (VR glasses? AR glasses like Google Glass?) But Apple is looking for creative ways to differentiate itself from its competitor".
We should expect Apple's new iPhone X to feature wireless charging at the least, but a few industry experts are saying Apple will have some form of AR/VR headset unveiled at the same time, and it'll work in conjunction with the new iPhone - just like Samsung's latest Galaxy S8 will work with the latest GearVR headset.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:21 am CDT
- Flash: 150W USB-C power bank, powered by Tesla graphene batteries
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro: 6.5-inch OLED with 90Hz, insane 66W fast charging
- Amazon's 12 Days of Deals: save up to 40% on Anker products today
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Samsung's new Galaxy Fold 2 might pack fast charging tech
- > NEXT STORY: Alleged photo of the upcoming Galaxy Note8 emerges
- < PREVIOUS STORY: GIGABYTE's new Radeon RX 580 AORUS XTR 8G spotted