Back in the day, I was obsessed with full-motion video (FMV) games - so much so that Under a Killing Moon was a must have purchase for me at the time. Games like Night Trap and Ground Zero Texas on my Sega Mega CD were amazing to me, as they blurred the worlds of cheesy Hollywood video, with a video game.
Now, Wales Interactive is teasing their new 'cinematic FMV crime thriller' game Late Shift, coming to the PC, Xbox One and PS4 on April 18. Late Shift gives gamers the opportunity to change the path of the game from the very start, through to the end - with 7 different endings available, depending on your actions throughout the game.
Late Shift will feature:
- Multi-optional Storytelling: One story, countless storylines, seven endings.
- A completely live action, cinematic interactive thriller, filmed in full HD in London, England.
- Over 180 decision points in total with no pauses and no looping footage.
- Directed by Tobias Weber, and written by Michael R. Johnson, author of Sherlock Holmes (2009 film)
- Acting performances by Joe Sowerbutts (Matt), Haruka Abe (May-Ling) and Oliver Twist's Richard Durden (Samuel Parr).