AMD is just weeks away from launching its mid-range Ryzen 5 family of CPUs, with the Ryzen 5 1400, Ryzen 5 1500X, Ryzen 5 1600, and the flagship Ryzen 5 1600X processor.
AMD's new Ryzen 5 family is their mid-range offering to fight off the higher-end Core i3 and mid-range Core i5 processors from Intel, with the new Ryzen 5 1600X being compared against Intel's Core i5-7600K in Cinebench, with AMD's new Ryzen 5 1600X being 69% faster. A huge improvement, thanks to the 6C/12T performance versus 4C/8T on the 7600K chip.
AMD Ryzen 5 CPU - core/threads - clock speeds
- Ryzen 5 1400: 4C/8T @ 3.2/3.4GHz
- Ryzen 5 1500X: 4C/8T @ 3.5/3.7GHz (unlocked/overclockable)
- Ryzen 5 1600: 6C/12T @ 3.2/3.6GHz
- Ryzen 5 1600X: 6C/12T @ 3.6/4GHz (unlocked/overclockable)
AMD's new Ryzen 5 processors go on sale April 11.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:20 am CDT
- AMD steps it up (again) with next-gen Ryzen Threadripper packaging
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X: 64C/128T launches January 2020
- Amazon's best Cyber Monday deals on AMD CPUs, save up to 53%!
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990WX: 64C/128T for your next desktop?!
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X specs: 64C/128T, 288MB cache, 280W TDP
- > NEXT STORY: GPU-Z 1.18.0: support for AMD's new Radeon RX 500 series
- < PREVIOUS STORY: You don't need weapons to kill enemies in Zelda BOTW