At IFA Berlin in 2011, Samsung announced the original Galaxy Note, the first smartphone from the Note line. Since then, Samsung has introduced at least one Note device a year with the latest being the Note7.
After the Note7 fiasco, there were speculations of what will happen with the Note line and whether Samsung will discontinue it which would be a shame since the Note7 was a wonderful phone (apart from the exploding batteries).
Now, we finally know for sure that the Note isn't dead and we will be seeing the Galaxy Note 8 later this year. The news was confirmed by DJ Koh, Samsung's Mobile Chief, who said in an interview that the company would keep working on the Note-series smartphones.
"I will bring back a better, safer and very innovative Note 8," Koh said.
The move might sound risky considering the reputation that the Note brand has. In the past few months, we all witnessed countless jokes and memes about the Note7. But Samsung believes in the Note line, and they are eager to show the progress they made.
The Note 8 will likely debut this fall, and I am certain that Samsung will put extra effort into delivering an amazing device.
Considering the Note7 fiasco, would you buy the Note 8?
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:47 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass