It looks like developer Battlestate Games has been busy with completely changing Escape of Tarkov, their new hardcore story-driven MMOFPS game that has been in a state of constant change since the developer started on it.
It's been in closed Alpha form for a while now, but the studio is continuing its work on large-scale online testing and performance optimization. The team has made massive upgrades to the graphics in Escape from Tarkov, which looks positively awesome.
The team has said that they have made "significant engine changes", teasing: "
- Improved shaders with added Physically Based Rendering (PBR) features
- Ambient light portals (improved indoor lighting
- Complete and improved sky lighting in full daylight cycle
- New Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Contact Ambient Obscurance
- New tone mapping
- Eye adaptation
- Improved SSR (screen space reflections)
- New color correction
- Reworked and improved most of the materials and textures of characters, weapons, and objects
- Optimized terrain and vegetation
Escape from Tarkov is expected to enter closed beta testing later this year, but Battlestate Games hasn't provided a release date for the game just yet.
- > NEXT STORY: PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL