As we get closer and closer to the EA/Origin Access Play First Trial of Battlefield 1 on October 13, and its full release on October 21, we're getting hit with more and more footage and details on the game. Today, we have a new 12-minute gameplay video from the single-player missions of Battlefield 1.
The 12-minute video is from the mission in BF1's single-player campaign called Storm of Steel, with a bunch of close quarter combat, and some tank-driving goodness. Storm of Steel is one of the missions included in EA/Origin Access Play First Trial for October 13, but Battlefield 1 does things differently when it comes to the single-player side of the game.
You can choose different characters, which are all spread out across five different "War Stories". EA has said why it used multiple protagonists, explaining: "We felt that to have one character hopping through those different settings wouldn't be as immersive or totally respectful to the setting".
The five War Stories include:
- Friends in High Places - The allies are losing the war in the air. Britain struggles to compete with the German aces and the average lifetime of a combat pilot is 17 days. You must face these bleak odds and take to the skies for a noble fight over the western front. Intense dogfights, unexpected encounters, and a story of friendship await you.
- Nothing is Written - In the Middle East deserts, Arab tribes rebel against the oppression of the Ottoman Empire. The Empire's devastating artillery engage rebel forces wielding rifles from horseback. As a Bedouin warrior working alongside the legendary Lawrence of Arabia, you must find a way to take on the technologically superior enemy and destroy a deadly railgun.
- Through Mud and Blood - In the autumn of 1918, British forces prepare for a mass assault on the town of Cambrai, France. With tank support, Allied Command believes a breakthrough is a certainty. But the Mark V tank has one major flaw: it is not reliable. Join a dysfunctional tank crew who battle their way behind enemy lines as they learn to work together.
- Avanti Savoia - Italy and the Austro-Hungarian Empire are deadlocked among the Alps. Braced by snow-capped mountains, neither side can find a way to dislodge their enemy. Meanwhile, the Italian mountaineer regiment Arditi prepares an unorthodox assault. Don your Arditi armor and head up a mountainside as Italian and Austrian forces clash over a strategic fort.
- The Runner - The British Empire intends to open a new front to the war with an unprecedented naval invasion of the Ottoman homeland. The ships gathered for the Gallipoli Landings - the D-Day of World War 1 - carry over half a million men. As an Anzac runner you'll witness the heat of epic bombardments and a beach landing, as well as covert deliveries of urgent life-or-death messages across the frontline.
- > NEXT STORY: Misfits win $100K in the first big Overwatch tournament
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money