After yesterday's leak, the flagship HTC 10 smartphone has been officially revealed.
Featuring a 5.2'' Quad HD 2560 x 1440 pixel display said to be 30% more colourful and 50% more responsive than its predecessor and the popular Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor (in the US; customers elsewhere will get a different, currently unknown Snapdragon processor), the new phone should be well-equipped to display and handle modern tasks with the best of them. Boost functionality helps further, allowing you to optimize security, power, and memory management among other things with ease.
The design, meanwhile, includes a full-glass front with a metal body and boasts impressive durability as achieved through 168 hours of extreme testing.
For photo and video enthusiasts, you can enjoy two ƒ/1.8 lense cameras with 12MP UltraPixels, 4K video capture, 24-bit hi-res audio capture, a Pro Mode with advanced settings; the main camera features 2nd gen laser autofocus, while the front features a wide angle lens and screen flash.
Audiophiles should love the 10, as 24-bit hi-res audio extends to playback as well, and sound profiles mean dynamic adjusted sound frequencies to each ear. Plus, BoomSound Hi-Fi speakers feature a separated tweeter and woofer as well as a dedicated amp on each speaker, and native AirPlay audio streaming support is included (the first for an Android device).
HTC 10 Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels), super LCD 5
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Platform: Android 6.0 with HTC Sense
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage expandable up to 2TB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 12MP (HTC UltraPixel 2), laser autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture, Pro mode, Auto-HDR, Zoe Capture, hyperlapse, 12X Slow motion mode, 4K video recording with Hi-Res Audio
- Front Camera: 5MP (1.34MICROm pixels), autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture with ultra wide-angle lens, Live Makeup, Auto-HDR
- Sound: HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, Dolby Audio, Personal Audio Profile, Hi-Res Audio Certified, Hi-Res Audio Earphones, Three microphones with noise cancellation, Hi-Res Audio Stereo Recording
- Connection: USB Type-C
- SIM card: Nano SIM
- Connectivity: NFC, BT 4.2, [email protected]: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Sensor Hub
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
Many understand the frustration of buying a new phone and seeing the performance crippled by heaps of bloatware. Happily, HTC says the 10 is different as it reduces this and puts focus on its own apps as well as Google's.
The 10 will be available in the US with Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile, among others, each of which will announce further details soon; a $699 unlocked version is available on HTC.com now and will ship early next month.