Samsung reportedly making 70% of the A9 chips for the next-gen iPhone

Most of the A9 processors for the upcoming iPhone 6S will be made by Apple's main competitor: Samsung.

@anthony256
Published Fri, Jun 26 2015 6:40 AM CDT   |   Updated Tue, Nov 3 2020 12:06 PM CST

We are only a few months from Apple unveiling the new iPhone 6S, but it looks like its main competitor will be making most of the A9 processors that will be powering the next-gen iPhone.

Samsung reportedly making 70% of the A9 chips for the next-gen iPhone | TweakTown.com

According to a report on Chiphell, 70% of the new A9 processors will be made by Samsung while the remaining 30% will be produced by TSMC. Samsung will also be making a large portion of the 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM for the new iPhone, while Hynix will be making the remaining chips for Apple. Comparing this to the current iPhone 6 and 6 Plus where Samsung and Hynix split the DRAM production 50/50.

The new iPhone will also feature a better camera, which is expected to be a large improvement on the 8-megapixel iSight camera on the current iPhone. We should see Apple unveil the new iPhone in the coming months.

NEWS SOURCE:chiphell.com

Anthony joined the TweakTown team in 2010 and has since reviewed 100s of graphics cards. Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Newsletter Subscription

Related Tags

Newsletter Subscription
Latest News
View More News
Latest Reviews
View More Reviews
Latest Articles
View More Articles